Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Progress...

Good afternoon!  I hope everyone is staying cool!  We're under a heat advisory here, so you can bet I'm going to stay inside where it's cool!

As stated in my last post, I started attending a knit-a-log at my local yarn shop.  It was an interesting, very eclectic group of women who are all very talented. The projects they were working on ranged from the wrap like mine, to sweaters and socks and a couple other things not yet recognizable as they weren't that far along on them yet.  I was able to get cast on and got through the first 10 or so rows before I left for the evening.  Here's a picture of my progress:


I messed up on my color order so it threw my darks in line with my lights, but as I continued, I kind of liked the colors being 'off'.  I think it will add interest to the project.  I also noticed that my light pinks, once knit up, were almost indistinguishable from one another in pictures.  But I will continue on and see what happens.  This is not all the colors.  I think I had two more colors to use at the taking of this picture.  I'm a bit further along now (all 10 colors used), but still haven't completed one round of the pattern sequence.  I'll post another pic in a few days.

On another note - I'm getting closer to posting the shawl pattern I designed.  I've a test knitter going through it now.  She's about two-thirds of the way through.  From her suggestions, I've a few edits to make on the written pattern and I've added charts for the lace parts. Once she's through with the test knit and I'm through with the edits, I'll post it here for everyone to enjoy!  I still need to think of a name for the pattern, so if you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to add it to the comments. For those that don't want to scroll back to past posts, here's a picture of my original one:


Well, my break is up and time to get back to work. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Sofyann

No comments:

Post a Comment