Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another Promised Picture

Hi!  Again as promised, I've got a picture of the Sangiovese Stole in progress.  I know it doesn't look like it, but I'm actually 1/3 of the way done with it!  Once it's finished and blocked it will be beautiful and the lace pattern will show up more.



I'm getting all excited about attending the Winter Quilt Show this weekend.  I'll be going with friends, one of which I haven't seen in a couple years so that will be nice.  I've got a little gift that I've made them, and I hope they like it.  It's useful and pretty at the same time!  What more could anyone ask for?  I'm not going to say what it is on here because it's a surprise.  And since one of the friends is a subscriber to my blog, I don't want to ruin the surprise for her!  I'll be sure to tell you what it is after they've opened them and even give you the link to the site where you can find instructions to make one for your very own!

I was going through my box of unfinished projects and found this sweater that I started in September.  It's a summer sweater...crocheted.  It's a free pattern from JoAnn.com called Aloha Crochet Top.  Anway, I was looking at the pattern and realized that I'd highlighted two different sizes (with different colors of course!) but I can't remember which size I was working on!  Under closer inspection though, I noticed that there are more of the Medium sizes highlighted, I'm going to guess that is what I was going for. 

I had started this sweater when my father-in-law went into the hospital to keep myself occupied while sitting in the waiting room.  He was in ICU and so there was a lot of time when I wasn't able to go in to see him but wanted to stay around...just in case anyone needed me.  I had to abandon this project at the time because it's a pattern that you have to keep up with...one missed stitch won't become noticeable until SEVERAL rows down the road.  After frogging it for the third time (yes I said third!) I decided my concentration level wasn't up to it.  That's when I started knitting the Shoulderettes.  Much easier to deal with under the circumstances.

Now I want to get back to it.  I'll probably wait until I finish the stole though, since it's for a friend and not for myself.

Well...time to get back to work.  Talk to you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment