Sunday, January 15, 2012

Oklahoma Winter Quilt Show

Good morning!  Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I was worn out after attending the quilt show!  There were lots of beautiful quilts and great vendors with great deals.  I didn't buy much but found some new cool items and some great new techniques.  Some of the great things I got were a book that shows a new, easier technique for making pineapple blocks and a marking pen that's like a gel pen so that it doesn't dry out as fast but disappears the minute you put a hot iron to it.  I also got a tool to help make the diagonal seam when attaching the binding to a quilt much easier and perfect. And the best thing I bought was a telescoping rod to hang a quilt from a center hanger instead of hanging from the ends of the rod.  I can't wait to get it to the office and see how it works on the quilt I display there.  If you want to see the pictures of the quilts that I found beautiful, unusual or just cool, you can go to my Webshots Member Photos area.

One of my friends wasn't able to join us yesterday to enjoy this great show.  She developed a sinus infection and had to go to the AM-PM clinic to get some medication.  She didn't feel up to going so just stayed home and rested.  I sent her gift home with her sister though, and her sister said she just loved it!

There were also jewelry vendors there and I got this great new idea for making necklaces.  I'll have to try it out and post the results on here. 

Today, my friends and I are attending a concert at the university where I work.  It's a string quartet called ETHEL.  I've never seen a concert like this before and I'm not sure what to expect.  I'll let you know what I thought of it in my next post.

Starting to get hungry, so I'm going to leave you for now and get me something to eat.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment