Tuesday, January 10, 2012

As Promised

Hi again!  As promised yesterday, I have pictures of one of the Shoulderettes that I made.  The one pictured below was for Pam, one of the women in the office.  She wears a lot of browns and greens, so the color choice was obvious!  The other one I made is black and it was for Rita.  She didn't have hers with her today.  She'd taken it home to launder it before wearing.  I don't blame her.  The yarn I used is from Hobby Lobby called "I Love This Cotton".  It is really soft and works up nicely.  The only thing I can find wrong with it is that until it has been washed a time or two, it leaves a TON of lint on whatever you wear it over.  When she brings it back up, I'll be sure to get a picture of it to post here!  Her's was made with the diamond pattern.





On a totally different subject, I went to my Weight Watchers meeting last night.  I just signed up last Thursday (1/5/2012).  I weighed in at 249 lbs.  And when I weighed in last night (just 4 days later) I'd already lost 3.2 lbs!!  I was sooooo excited!!  My goal is to loose enough weight that none of my medieval outfits fit me and I'll be forced to make me a new one!  I've already bought the fabric and can't wait to get started!

I'd buy me a new one but I'm trying to save up enough money to visit my good friend Nina in Oregon in 2013. We have plans to attend the Sister's Quilt Show.  She went last year for the first time and loved it, deciding then and there that once she graduates, she and her hubby will be packing up and hitting the trail to Oregon!  I'm happy and sad at the same time.  I'm happy because its not every day you can pick up and move someplace as beautiful as Oregon.  And sad because I won't get to talk to her as often as I do now.  I guess I'll just have to get me a camera for my computer and learn how to use Skype!

I have 15 minutes left in my lunch hour.  I think I'll pull out my knitting and see if I can't get a row or two done.  Enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment