Thursday, January 12, 2012

Our First Snow

Well...I didn't think it would happen, but Oklahoma City got it first snow last night!  It wasn't much...just enough to get the ground slightly white but it was enough to keep my prissy little girl in the house!  She just hates to get her feet wet, whether it's from rain, snow, or bath! 


This is my prissy little girl...B'Lanna.  for those of you who are Star Trek fans, you might recognize the name.  Now I know she doesn't look prissy, but believe me, she is very spoiled and has me and my husband very well trained!


But after the last two winters when we had blizzards that shut down the whole city for several days, trapping people in their vehicles because they got out even though the newsmen told them not to, this little smathering is just that...a smathering.  Maybe if we're lucky we'll get us a good snow before the season's over, but I doubt it.  It may be 34 degrees today but on Saturday, it's supposed to be in the 60's again! 

I didn't work on my knitting or crocheting last night.  I was looking through my beads choosing just the right ones for what I'm making for my friends' gifts.  I think I have them picked out, now I just need to assemble them.

I also played Star Wars: The Old Republic.  For those of you who are not gamers, this is the newest MMORPG game that is out.  It was released on December 20th (unless you preordered).  It's pretty cool.  If you become a Jedi, you get to play with light sabers!!  I've got two characters made.  One is a allied to the Empire (the bad guys).  She is a Sith.  My other character is allied to the Republic and she is a Smuggler.  Its actually pretty fun and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.  The setting is different from World of Warcraft, of course, but the play is very similar.  Oh...the one really cool thing I've come across so far?  I got my own ship and my own droid!!  To me, that is pretty cool. It is a big ship though and it needs crew.  I wonder if we gain crew as we go along?  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Well...back to work for me.  Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment