Thursday, January 26, 2012

Recycling Yarn

Happy Thursday all!  I had just popped up Facebook and the first thing I saw was a post from Bramcost Publications.  It was a link to their blog about recycling/repurposing yarn from old, unused, or thrift store sweaters.  It sounded intriguing so I checked it out and it was very interesting.  They had four links to sites with instructions on how to repurpose old sweaters.  I know we all probably have old sweaters in the closet we don't wear any more but keep around in hopes it will come back into style because we like the color.  Why wait that long?  Just repurpose it and make something that you will wear today...not in three, five, or even 10 years down the road.  In this day and age, I look for any way to save a dollar or two.  Oh, and think how much yarn you could get out of a sweater dress!!  I think I'm going to have to hit the thrift stores this weekend!

This site also had some great vintage knitting and crocheting patterns on it that you could buy.  Well worth it if you're in to that vintage look.

Well, I'm still working on that Aloha sweater.  Alas, I was sidetracked by a video game.  Oh well...what can ya do?  But I do have the front of the sweater completed.  As you can see, it will be quite nice when it's finished.


I still need to block it, so it looks a little wonky, but I really like the way it's turning out.  I'm at the top of the back now, and it's going to look a little different.  The pattern eliminates the two outside pineapples at the top (the part to the left of the red markers in the picture).  I'm going to guess this is for shaping and to make sure the off the shoulder top is tight enough to stay up!  But only time will tell.  I'm going to log for now so I can get a little crocheting done before I have to get back to work.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment